Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser as a handwash

 
Now, you're probably wondering, what? Really? Well, a dear friend shared this knowledge with me recommended by her dermatologist. We both share the same sad skin inflammation on our hands, and before this tip, people used to stop me and ask if I had been a victim of severe burning!!! It was bad! The skin on my hands was blistering and bleeding and just felt raw, all the time! I tried supposedly hypoallergenic soaps and nothing helped. I never cared much for Cetaphil as a facial cleanser (just doesn't do the makeup removing job efficiently) but using Cetaphil as my handsoap had improved the integrity of my skin tremendously!
 I still get inflammation from time to time, but it's never as severe and doesn't last as long. Also, Cetaphil doesn't sting and believe you me, with the skin I had EVERYTHING stung! But now even with the eventual cut, cetaphil is gentle enough that it doesn't make it worse or hurt. If you suffer from similar skin inflammation, give it a try. I know Cetaphil is not the cheapest of handsoaps, but if this is a real concern for you as it is for me, you won't regret it. I buy a huge 16oz. bottle that lasts me a while so it doesn't feel as expensive. It's not sulfate- or paraben-free which I'm not too excited about so this one's a mystery to me! But what can I tell you, it just works!

If you'd like a body wash option, Cetaphil has just come out with an AMAZING body wash called Cetaphil Restoraderm which is even better than the original Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

INGREDIENTS: Water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben

PRICE: $9.27 (16 oz.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONS: Not sulfate- or paraben-free

BOTTOM LINE: Best hand wash at maintaining the integrity of your skin, especially since of all the parts of your body, your hands are the one getting constant exposure to soap and water stripping it from it's natural oil barrier.

WHERE TO BUY: www.walmart.com
                                www.target.com
                                Most drugstores

No comments:

Post a Comment